from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Cubic zirconia.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The oxide of zirconium, obtained as a white powder, and possessing both acid and basic properties. On account of its infusibility, and brilliant luminosity when incandescent, it is used as an ingredient of sticks for the Drummond light.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The oxide of zirconium (ZrO2), obtained as a white powder, and possessing both acid and basic properties. On account of its infusibility, and brilliant luminosity when incandescent, it is used as an ingredient of sticks for the Drummomd light.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. This earth is now of industrial value as the chief material used in the ‘glower’ of the Nernst incandescent electric lamp. The glower commonly consists of about 85 per cent. zirconia and 15 per cent. yttria or mixed earths of that class.
- n. An oxid, ZrO, of the metal zirconium, resembling alumina in appearance. It is so hard as to scratch glass.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a white crystalline oxide; used in refractories and in insulation and abrasives and enamels and glazes
You know there's real zircon and there's synthetic cubic zirconia, which is created as a fake diamond and made in a lab?
According to Ms Garmendia, using a ceramic material called zirconia (Zr02), carbon nanotubes and nanoparticles of zirconia, a prothesis that will last more than 150 years can be produced.
This difficulty exists principally with an oxide such as zirconia, because it cannot be compressed in so hard a cake that it would not be carried off quickly.
Star Trek Academy Ring 925silver w/purp. zirconia stone
The added way to accept it fabricated is to actualize or carve it yourself in wax and again accept a cubic zirconia jewelry casting it in gold or argent for you.
Violet handed over a pair of clip-on chandelier earrings made of black stones and cubic zirconia.
I think the politics is show of the benefit somepeople. supply dental zirconia
April 20th, 2010 at 4: 01 am zirconia-blank says: the analyst is the lie, the expert in the TV and so on is only the wastrel.
“It would be like stealing a diamond ring and finding out it was only a zirconia.”
One project is trying to use zirconia, a tin byproduct, to create solid oxide fuel cells.