from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The science of animals; the natural history of the animal kingdom; the body of fact and doctrine derived from the scientific study of that series of organisms whose highest term is man: correlated with phytology (or botany) as one of the two main branches of biology.
- noun Zoögraphy; the written description of animals; a treatise on animals, especially a systematic treatise, or zoölogical system.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun That part of biology which relates to the animal kingdom, including the structure, embryology, evolution, classification, habits, and distribution of all animals, both living and extinct.
- noun A treatise on this science.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Alternative spelling of
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the branch of biology that studies animals
- noun all the animal life in a particular region or period
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
zoö- + -logy
Sorry, no example sentences found.