from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The anatomical study of the microscopic structure of animal and plant tissues.
- noun The microscopic structure of tissue.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun That branch of anatomy which is concerned with the structure, especially the microscopic structure, of the various tissues of the body; histomorphology.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun That branch of biological science, which treats of the minute (microscopic) structure of animal and vegetable tissues; -- called also
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun biology The study of the
microscopic structure, chemical compositionand functionof the tissueor tissue systemsof plantsand animals
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the branch of biology that studies the microscopic structure of animal or plant tissues
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
histo- + -logy
Sorry, no example sentences found.