from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The scientific study of the viscera and its organs.
- noun The characteristics and structure of the visceral system of an animal.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The sum of scientific knowledge concerning viscera.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun That part of anatomy which treats of the viscera; also, a treatise on the viscera.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun anatomy The scientific study of the
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[New Latin splanchno-, of viscera (from Greek splankhna, viscera) + –logy.]
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Ancient Greek σπλάγχνα (splankha, "viscera") + -ology
Sorry, no example sentences found.