from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The study of the nature, effects, and detection of poisons and the treatment of poisoning.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun That branch of medicine which treats of poisons and their antidotes, and of the effects of excessive doses of medicines.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun The science which treats of poisons, their effects, antidotes, and recognition; also, a discourse or treatise on the science.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun sciences, pharmacology The branch of
pharmacologythat deals with the nature, effect, detectionand treatmentof poisonsand poisoning.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the branch of pharmacology that deals with the nature and effects and treatments of poisons
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From French toxicologie, from toxico- + -logie.
Sorry, no example sentences found.