from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The application of science, especially to industrial or commercial objectives.
- noun The scientific method and material used to achieve a commercial or industrial objective.
- noun Electronic or digital products and systems considered as a group.
- noun Anthropology The body of knowledge available to a society that is of use in fashioning implements, practicing manual arts and skills, and extracting or collecting materials.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun That branch of knowledge which deals with the various industrial arts; the science or systematic knowledge of the industrial arts, as spinning, metal-working, or brewing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun Industrial science; the science of systematic knowledge of the industrial arts, especially of the more important manufactures, as spinning, weaving, metallurgy, etc.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun uncountable The study of or a collection of techniques.
- noun countable A device, material, or sequence of mathematical coded electronic instructions created by a person's mind that is built, assembled, or produced and which is not part of the natural world.
- noun All the different and usable technologies developed by a culture or people.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the practical application of science to commerce or industry
- noun the discipline dealing with the art or science of applying scientific knowledge to practical problems
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Promoted to Headline (H3) on 1/16/09: Apropos of Vilsack and Monsanto: Doctors in India point to genetic engineering's 'obsolete technology' yahooBuzzArticleHeadline = 'Apropos of Vilsack and Monsanto: Doctors in India point to genetic engineering\'s \'obsolete technology\' '; yahooBuzzArticleSummary =' Article: In India where Mayhco is Monsanto\'s distributor, doctors are questioning every aspect of genetically engineered food as well as the government accepting Mahyco\'s own studies that Bt-brinjal is safe. '
+ After a time-limited introductory phase FCR technology becomes a mature technology which stands on its own feet.
+ We’re already starting to see this with FAST’s new ESP technology, WebFountain, and other federated search technology* providers.
And this year, my heroine in technology is Veronica McGregor.
The key for any business that feels it must grow and change due to changes in technology is research.
A movement to promote female role models in technology is underfoot and you can help.
Our lead in technology is declining in several areas.
Some people think innovation in technology is about how hard it is to implement, or how long it took, or how complex it is, or convoluted.
A baby-step for Americans in technology is a milestone for others, for verification, compare Nano from India with a Mustang!
A company that's ticked off just about everyone in technology is now trying to reinvent itself as a friendly cellphone software maker.