from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of aegilops.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An ulcer or fistula in the inner corner of the eye.
- n. The great wild-oat grass or other cornfield weed.
- n. A genus of plants, called also hardgrass.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In pathology, goat-eye; a tumor, abscess, or other affection of the inner angle (canthus) of the eye; sometimes, a fistula lacrymalis or other affection of the lacrymal duct. In a mild form, it is simply a swelling of the lacrymal papilla, and is very common.
- n. In botany, a genus of grasses allied to Triticum, or wheat-grass, growing wild in the south of Europe and parts of Asia. It is believed by many botanists to be the origin of cultivated wheat.
- n. A species of oak, Quercus Ægilops; the valonia-oak of the Levant.
- n. A genus of lamellibranchs.
Sorry, no etymologies found.