from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A contra dance in a Scottish style, popular in France and Great Britain around the late eighteenth century.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A dancing tune in the Scotch style.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A species of rustic dance of Scotch origin.
- n. Music written for such a dance, or in imitation of its rhythm.
- n. In therapeutics, the douche Écossaise or Scotch douche, alternating hot and cold douches.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.