Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A public store-house for goods; a staple-town.
- n. An allowance of provisions and forage for soldiers during the time of their march through a country to or from winter quarters.
- n. In Russia, a prison-like building with a stockaded yard, used to confine and shelter at night parties of exiles proceeding under guard from one place to another.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A public storehouse.
- n. (Mil.) Supplies issued to troops on the march the place where troops on the march halt over night; also, by extension, the distance marched during a day.
- n. In Russia, a prison or stockade for the confinement of prisoners in transit.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘étape’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Synonyms for 'jail.' Some of these shamelessly pilfered from spicolli's list: http://www.wordnik.com/lists/the-pokey-the-b...
Looking for tweets for étape.