- n. End of a quotation.
- n. Transliteration of the soft sign (ь), indicating palatalization of preceding consonants.
- n. Transliteration of the glottal stop (hamza).
- n. A glottal stop in the orthography of numerous languages of America, Africa, and formally the Pacific. In most Polynesian languages, the convention has shifted to the okina <ʻ>.
- n. informal A substitute for the combining diacritic ʼ used in the International Phonetic Alphabet for ejective and other glottalized consonants.
- n. Indicating a possessive, with s (’s).
- n. Indicating the omission of letters.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
‘’’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for ’.