from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- suffix Plural form of -um.
- suffix Plural form of -on.
- suffix Same as -er in Standard English.
- suffix Used to replace -er in nouns.
- suffix this sense?) Marks singular nouns, with a foundation in Greek or Latin, often implying femininity, especially when contrasted with words terminating in -us.
- suffix Changes an element or substance into an oxide.
- suffix Alternative form of -'ve.
- suffix this sense?) Marks nouns, with a foundation in Italian, Spanish, or Portuguese, implying femininity.
- suffix Added for metrical reasons to poetry and verse
- suffix clitic form of o'
- suffix To.
Tafel is also a board member of Michigan Corps. -a local and global network of leaders advancing education and entrepreneurship across Michigan.
Walt Disney Co. plans to create theme-park rides and attractions based on James Cameron 's "Avatar"-a Fox release for which two sequels are planned.
Let me suggest two international approaches we should be considering, both from the Joseph Rowntree Foundation UK---a compilation of evidence on the impact of poverty on educational success and a detailed consideration of wide-scale social and education reform.
Enoteca Cantinone "Gia Schiavi" -a wine shop with Italia-style Tapas is a high point of our day.
The authors reported initial positive findings in 2007 but then reanalyzed their work after removing data from studies of bullying behavior---a hot topic these days.
Squish-Squash was in special education -a sloppy beast of a boy with a hard case of autism.
The Pentagon's Counter Narco-Terrorism Program Office CNTPO -a technically unknown entity created in 1995- just announced a $3 billion contract for U.S.-funded anti-narcotics operations around the world, including Afghanistan, Pakistan, Colombia, and now also Mexico.
Here's another way to look at the government's immigrant fixation: There have been more felony prosecutions for immigration under the first two years of the Obama Administration than there were during the entire Presidencies of President Clinton and the first President Bush -a period of twelve years
And here's another way to look at the government's immigrant fixation: There have been more felony prosecutions for immigration under the first two years of the Obama Administration than there were during the entire Presidencies of President Clinton and the first President Bush -a period of twelve years.
The denunciation of the US justice system and media practices both fit the traditional anti-American tropes honed in France over centuries -a land of savagery and lack of civilization, a place where Puritanism meets hypocrisy.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.