American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A place for: bakery.
- n. A collection or class: finery.
- n. A state or condition: slavery.
- n. Act; practice: bribery.
- n. Characteristics or qualities of: snobbery.
- n. Trade or craft of
- n. Place of
- n. Class or group, collection of
- n. Characteristic of
- From Anglo-Norman and Old French -erie, a suffix forming abstract nouns. (Wiktionary)
- Middle English -erie, from Old French : -er, agent suff. (partly from -ier; see -er1, and partly from -ere, -eor; see -or1) + -ie, noun suff.; see -y2. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
‘-ery’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for -ery.