from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- suffix Disease; pathological or abnormal condition: anoxia.
- suffix Territory; country: Australia.
- suffix Things derived from, relating to, or belonging to: personalia.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- suffix Used in forming names of countries, diseases, flowers, and rarely collections of things (such as militaria, deletia).
- suffix Used in forming plurals of nouns in -ium and -ion.
The ending -ia would indicate Ya, short for YHWH or Yaweh, the other biblical name for God, generally translated "Lord."
The name tags had been specially prepared: a blank space for your name on the first line, the printed words A Person With on the second, and on the bottom line you were supposed to print the name of your phobia, using the -ia suffix, not the -ic.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.