from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- suffix Feeling; suffering; perception: telepathy.
- suffix Disease: neuropathy.
- suffix A system of treating disease: homeopathy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- suffix suffering, feeling
- suffix Damage to, disease of, or abnormality
- suffix therapy
Greek -patheia, from pathos; see kwent(h)- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Ancient Greek πάθος (pathos, "suffering"). (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.