American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. One that loves or has a strong affinity or preference for: audiophile.
- n. Loving; having a strong affinity or preference for: Francophile.
- n. Forming nouns and adjectives meaning "loving" and "friendly", or "lover" and "friend".
- From Latin -phila, from Ancient Greek φίλος (philos, "dear, beloved"). (Wiktionary)
- New Latin -philus, from Greek -philos, beloved, dear, from philos, beloved, loving. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
‘-phile’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for -phile.