from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- abbr. alternating current
- abbr. area code
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- absolute ceiling
- account current
- adult contemporary, a radio format
- air conditioning; air conditioned, usually: A/C
- air corps
- all clear, as in button on electronic calculator
- alternating current; often used to indicate an alternating potential rather than a current, as in 110V AC.
- anno Christi, in the year of Christ.
- ante Christum before Christ.
- ante cibum before meals.
- appellation contrôlée
- area code
- army corps
- as charged, as in: guilty as charged, usually: a/c
- athletic club
- audible chuckle
- author's correction
- automobile club
- Auxiliary Collier - a naval coal transport that travels with the fleet to provide coal for coal powered warships
- axiom of choice
- Companion of the Order of Australia.
- aviation cadet
- abbr. Aceh, an autonomous province of Indonesia.
- abbr. Acre, a state of Brazil.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sites in the middle of rural amercia. 10 sites by Ac 10 sites aways from AC.
And there are probably dozens of thousands of papers assuming AC and thousands assuming ¬AC.
Williams, in fact, had never even picked up a bass until she thought up the name AC/DShe and decided such a group needed to exist.
Andrea Pirlo scores from distance in AC Milan's 1-0 victory over Parma:
But he became intrigued with the operation and invested in AC to help keep the then-struggling electric-powerplant developer afloat.
Earlier this year, Becks indicated he wanted to stay in AC Milan rather than return to America.
AC is movement of waves instead of movement of electrons.
So if AC is put into the Senate, is Mrs. Boxer going to rescind the invitation? —
In any case, the whole structure reminds one of bleachers found in sports fields everywhere, leading us to wonder whether the second sequel in an urban agriculture trilogy by Work AC is an adaptive reuse of Shea Stadium, the soon-to-be former ballpark of the New York Mets, into a locavore utopia.
I'm at my in-laws house in Katy, and let me tell you, AC is awesome.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.