American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- abbr. American Dental Association
- abbr. American Diabetes Association
- abbr. American Dietetic Association
- abbr. Americans for Democratic Action
- abbr. Americans with Disabilities Act
- abbr. assistant district attorney
- n. Initialism of adenosine deaminase, the enzyme that specifically affects RNA. See ADAR.
- n. Initialism of assistant district attorney.
- n. Initialism of American Dental Association.
- n. Initialism of Americans for Democratic Action.
- n. Initialism of Americans with Disabilities Act.
- n. Initialism of American Diabetes Association.
- n. Initialism of Air Defense Artillery.
“The ADA is a prime example of 'feel good' legislation that ends up having terrible and far-reaching consequences beyond its core intentions.”
“Federal judge sides with family when Santa Claus wasn't in ADA-accessible building”
“We certainly do not dispute that laws can have unintended consequences, but recent research shows that the ADA is not a valid example.”
“Media dis&dat: Federal judge sides with family when Santa Claus wasn't in ADA-accessible building skip to main | skip to sidebar”
“The ADA is more likely speaking of vomiting, GERD, reflux or some other more proximate illness as a cause of bad breath.”
“John Amato was supposed to be sitting up here in ADA Row with us, but couldn't make it.”
“But in this case, the example involving the ADA is misleading, and ends up reaffirming the conservative nugget that progressive laws “harm” business.”
“Assistant prosecutor fired -- An ADA is charged with DWI and Assault after being caught fighting with a friend in his car, which was parked on the side of the interstate.”
“This approach has been used to treat rare enzyme disorders, including one known as ADA deficiency, and clinical trials have employed gene therapy against a broad range of disorders: heart disease, many forms of cancer, arthritis, AIDS, hemophilia, cystic fibrosis and muscular dystrophy.”
“In other words, the whole comparison with the ADA is hopelessly inexact.”
Looking for tweets for ADA.