from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A nucleotide, C10H15N5O10P2, composed of adenosine and two linked phosphate groups, that is converted to ATP for the storage of energy.
- abbr. automatic data processing
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Initialism of adenosine diphosphate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an ester of adenosine that is converted to ATP for energy storage
- n. data processing by a computer
a(denosine) d(i)p(hosphate).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)