from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- Acoustical Society of America
- American Standards Association, which has changed its name to American National Standards Institute (ANSI).
- American Society for Anesthesiology.
- All Sciences Association.
- Amateur Swimming Association.
- acetylsalicylic acid (aspirin)
- Air Sovereignty Alert. Refers to fighter jet units that provide aerial defense of the nation via high-readiness aircraft.
- Advertising Standards Authority.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
You agree that Opera Software ASA is not liable for any loss of data.
Softball remains a popular sport; about 3 million people play in ASA leagues nationwide, says ASA executive director Ron Radigonda.
On a non-religious note, I came across an article in the newspaper Union Jack (British news, published in the U.S.) about how the ASA is considering requiring disclaimers on advertisements featuring models if the models have been airbrushed in the pictures.
ASA is taking a lot of heat for yet another botched shuttle mission, but my hat is off to the employee who thought to pack a hacksaw.
As I said before, among industry bodies the ASA is showing itself as a rare good guy in the struggle against pseudoscience.
So I called ASA President and CEO Lee Grossman to ask him about it.
And if you’re sure, tell the Sit Room while I call ASA.
But I think I may turn over a new leaf at next year's ASA, which is also in Philly.
I just stumbled on an interesting old article in the Journal of the American Scientific Affiliation The ASA is the long-established organization of scientists who are evangelical Christians.
She regularly bashes Christian Darwinists on the ASA e-list, calling the ASA a “dozy” organization because they refuse to endorse ID.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.