from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- abbr. Alaska Standard Time
- abbr. Atlantic Standard Time
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- Initialism of Alaskan Standard Time.
- Initialism of Atlantic Standard Time.
- Initialism of Advanced Supersonic Transport.
- Initialism of abstract syntax tree.
- Initialism of aspartate transaminase.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A suffix of Greek origin, occurring instead of -ist after -i-, as in chiliast, enthusiast, etc.
Sorry, no etymologies found.