from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of northeast Scotland on the North Sea at the mouth of the Dee River. It is known as "the Granite City” because stone from local quarries is used in many of its buildings. Population: 177,000.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A port city in Scotland, on the North Sea.
- proper n. A county in northeastern Scotland.
- proper n. A city in northeastern South Dakota.
- proper n. A city in eastern Maryland, home of the Aberdeen Proving Grounds.
- n. Alternative form of Aberdeen Terrier..
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In ornithology, a name of the knot (which see), Tringa canutus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a town in northeastern South Dakota
- n. a town in western Washington
- n. a city in northeastern Scotland on the North Sea
- n. a town in northeastern Maryland
From Scottish Gaelic aber ("river mouth") + Don ("river in Scotland") (the site of Old Aberdeen). Written Aberdon c. 1187 and Aberden c. 1214. (Wiktionary)