from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A member of any of several Christian denominations that believe Jesus's Second Coming and the end of the world are near.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who believes in the Second Advent (usually known as the Second coming) of Jesus; a millenarian.
- n. A member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- adj. Relating to believers in the Second Advent of Jesus.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One of a religious body, embracing several branches, who look for the proximate personal coming of Christ; -- called also Second Adventists.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who believes in the second coming of Christ to establish a personal reign upon the earth; a millenarian; a Second-adventist.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a member of Christian denomination that expects the imminent advent of Christ
Sorry, no etymologies found.