from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- An island off southeast Greece in the Saronic Gulf of the Aegean Sea near Athens. It was a prosperous maritime city-state in the fifth century B.C. but declined after its defeat by Athens and the expulsion of its population. The first Greek coins were struck here.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. an island in Greece
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The typical genus of the family Æginidæ.
- n. A genus of crustaceans.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. small medusa
- n. an island in the Aegean Sea in the Saronic Gulf
From Ancient Greek Αἴγινα. (Wiktionary)