Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- A section of geophilous gastropods destitute of jaws.
- A class of fishes, or fishlike vertebrates, characterized by the absence of jaws and shoulder-girdle. It contains the extinct ostracoderms and the existing lampreys.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. a class of eel-shaped chordates with a cartilaginous skeleton lacking jaws, scales, and pelvic fins. Among these are the lampreys and hagfishes. There are some extinct forms.
- n. superclass of eel-shaped chordates lacking jaws and pelvic fins: lampreys; hagfishes; some extinct forms
- From Ancient Greek ἀ- (a-, "without") + γνάθος (gnathos, "jaw"). (Wiktionary)
“A rift between them widens when Todd departs abruptly to meet Agnatha (Shannon Burkett) in”
“Todd and Bryan's communication impasse is matched by an extended estrangement between Agnatha and her hard-partying sister, Tess (also Burkett), who beds the despondent Bryan in New York.”
“ '' are examples of these jawless fish or [[Agnatha]].”
Looking for tweets for Agnatha.