from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Greek Mythology The son of Telamon of Salamis and a warrior of great stature and prowess who fought against Troy.
- n. Greek Mythology The son of Ileus of Locris and a warrior of small stature and arrogant character who fought against Troy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An ace and a jack as a starting hand in Texas hold 'em.
- proper n. A group of techniques for creating interactive Web applications, in which applications can retrieve data from the server asynchronously in the background without interfering with the display and behavior of the existing page.
- proper n. either of two heroes of the Trojan War
- proper n. Ajax Amsterdam
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a mythical Greek hero; a warrior who fought against Troy in the Iliad
Anyways, a day will come when flash/ajax/younameit will become user friendly enough for everybody to use, right now, flash is development hell compared to the ease of html, most dynamic websites can be converted to use Ajax but even then – why bother going through the extra expense and extended development cycle for a first run of a site.
AJAX -- A police officer was swarmed by youths when he came to the rescue of a security guard under attack at an Ajax plaza Tuesday.
AJAX -- A 19-year-old Ajax man faces several charges after a laser was pointed at the Durham Regional Police helicopter.
AJAX -- Police are trying to identify a man who approached and grabbed a child near the Ajax lakeshore on Good Friday.
AJAX - There will be lots of construction surrounding the Ajax
AJAX -- A 14-year-old boy has been charged in an attack that left an Ajax teen with stab wounds.
AJAX, Ont. - A 19-year-old man from Ajax, Ont., faces several charges after allegedly pointing a hand-held laser beam at an aircraft.
AJAX - Ajax residents Neely Arsenault and Melissa Keeler may not be elite athletes, but they're still being rewarded for their hard work … and more »
AJAX - Ajax resident Dr. Jeremy Barchman will be putting his body through the ultimate test when he runs the 26.2 mile Bank of America Chicago Marathon for
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.