from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Greek Mythology The son of Telamon of Salamis and a warrior of great stature and prowess who fought against Troy.
- n. Greek Mythology The son of Ileus of Locris and a warrior of small stature and arrogant character who fought against Troy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A group of techniques for creating interactive Web applications, in which applications can retrieve data from the server asynchronously in the background without interfering with the display and behavior of the existing page.
- proper n. either of two heroes of the Trojan War
- proper n. Ajax Amsterdam
- n. An ace and a jack as a starting hand in Texas hold 'em.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a mythical Greek hero; a warrior who fought against Troy in the Iliad
From Latin Aiāx, from Ancient Greek Αἴας. (Wiktionary)
Phonetic similarity to ace jack. (Wiktionary)