from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who studies a facet of America, such as its history or geology.
- n. A specialist in the study of American aboriginal cultures or languages.
- n. One that is sympathetic to the United States and its policies.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Somebody who favors the values of the USA.
- n. An expert in the study of America.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One devoted to the study of subjects specially relating to America.
Sorry, no etymologies found.