from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A Semitic language that is the official language of Ethiopia.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A Semitic language spoken in Ethiopia.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Amhara, a division of Abyssinia.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The modern cultivated language of Abyssinia.
- n. See Abyssinian languages .
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. related to or characteristic of or written in Amharic
- n. the dominant and official language of Ethiopia; a Semitic language much influenced by the Cushitic language with which Amhara have been in close contact
After Amhara, a former kingdom of northwest Ethiopia.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)