from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An American, especially an inhabitant of the United States, whose language and ancestry are English.
- adj. Of, relating to, or between England and America, especially the United States.
- adj. Of or relating to Anglo-Americans.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. White, non-Hispanic citizen of the United States.
- n. English-American, a North American of English heritage.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the English and Americans, or to the descendants of Englishmen in America.
- n. an American who was born in England or whose ancestors were English.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Belonging or relating to, or connected with, England and America or the United States, or with the people of both: as, Anglo-American commerce; Anglo-American relations.
- Pertaining to the English who have settled in America, especially in the United States, or have become American citizens: as, the Anglo-American population of New York.
- n. A native or descendant of a native of England who has settled in America or has become an American (United States) citizen.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an American who was born in Britain or one whose ancestors were British
From Anglo + American. (Wiktionary)