from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A member of the Anglican Church whose religious convictions emphasize sacramental worship.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A member of the Anglican Church whose practices emphasise continuity with Catholic tradition.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to a church modeled on the English Reformation; Anglican; -- sometimes restricted to the ritualistic or High Church section of the Church of England.
- n. A member of the Church of England who contends for its catholic character; more specifically, a High Churchman.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Catholic according to the teachings of the Church of England.
- Laying especial stress on the Catholic character of the Church of England; high-church.
- n. A member of the Church of England, or of any Anglican church; especially, one who maintains the Catholic character of the Anglican Church.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. supporting the Anglican Church
Sorry, no etymologies found.