from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A native of England living in Ireland.
- n. A native of Ireland living in England.
- n. A person of mixed Irish and English ancestry.
- n. See Irish English.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Connected with both England and Ireland; relating to both these countries or to their inhabitants.
- Pertaining to the English who have settled in Ireland, or to their descendants.
- Of English parentage on one side and of Irish on the other.
- English people born or resident in Ireland.
- Descendants of parents English on one side and Irish on the other.
Sorry, no etymologies found.