from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A male given name of mostly Scottish usage.
- proper n. A county in Scotland.
- proper n. A black, hornless breed of beef cattle, originally from Scotland.
- proper n. A nickname for the 0-8-8-0 train configuration.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. black hornless breed from Scotland
- n. Celtic god of love and beauty; patron deity of young men and women
Anglicized form of Scottish Gaelic Aonghus or Aonghas, perhaps literally "one choice". (Wiktionary)