American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. An unofficial holiday observed in all 50 states of the United States, most often on the last Friday in April, for the public planting of trees.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In some of the United States, a day of each year set apart by law for the general planting of trees wherever they are needed.
- n. US The national holiday celebrated by planting a tree; the last Friday in April.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. [U.S.] a day appointed for planting trees and shrubs.
- n. a day designated for planting trees
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Looking for tweets for Arbor Day.