from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Greek Mythology One who sailed with Jason on the Argo in search of the Golden Fleece.
- n. A person who is engaged in a dangerous but rewarding quest; an adventurer.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. One of the members of the Argo who sailed with Jason in search of the Golden Fleece.
- proper n. Any of several ships and submarines of the British and US navies.
- proper n. Team name for the Toronto, Ontario franchise of the Canadian Football League (CFL)
From Latin Argonautae, Argonauts, from Greek Argonautēs, Argonaut : Argō, the ship Argo + nautēs, sailor (from naus, ship.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)