from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A granite island of western Scotland in the Firth of Clyde. It is a resort area noted for its scenery and its hunting and fishing.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. An island off the southwest coast of Scotland.
- proper n. A male given name of modern Scottish usage, transferred from the place name.
- proper n. Alternative name of Caucasian Albania.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A spider. Also called arrand.
Middle Persian (Wiktionary)