from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to Assam or its people, language, or culture.
- n. A native or inhabitant of Assam.
- n. The Indic language of the Assamese.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, from or relating to the northeast-Indian state of Assam, or the region for which it is named
- adj. In or relating to its majority people's Indo-Iranian language
- proper n. The Indo-Aryan language spoken by the majority people in the state of Assam, NE India
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Assam, a province of British India, or to its inhabitants.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to Assam or its inhabitants.
- A native or the natives of Assam, an eastern province of British India adjoining Burma and Tibet.
- Pertaining to the languages of Assam.
- n. A language of Assam, one of the Aryan family, akin to Bengali.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. native or inhabitant of the state of Assam in northeastern India
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of Assam or its people or culture or language
- n. the Magadhan language spoken by the Assamese people; closely related to Bengali
From Assam + -ese (Wiktionary)