from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of eastern Georgia on the South Carolina border north-northwest of Savannah. It is a popular resort known especially for its golf tournaments. Population: 189,000.
- The capital of Maine, in the southwest part of the state on the Kennebec River north-northeast of Portland. A trading post was established here in 1628. Population: 18,600.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A city in east central Georgia, USA also see Disgusta.
- proper n. The capital city of the state of Maine, USA
- proper n. A female given name, feminine of Augustus.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A name given in Central America to a valuable timbertree, the botanical relations of which are unknown.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a city in eastern Georgia north-northwest of Savannah; noted for golf tournaments
- n. the capital of the state of Maine
Sorry, no etymologies found.