from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The body of sacred writings of the Zoroastrian religion.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. The sacred texts of Zoroastrianism, composed in the Avestan language.
- adj. Avestan language.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The Zoroastrian scriptures; the sacred text of Zoroastrianism. See Zend-Avesta.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The sacred writings attributed to Zoroaster. See Zend-Avesta.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a collection of Zoroastrian texts gathered during the 4th or 6th centuries
Short for Zend-Avesta.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)