from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to Bactria or its people, language, or culture.
- n. A native or inhabitant of Bactria.
- n. The Middle Iranian language of the Bactrians, known from scattered inscriptions and legal documents extending into the Islamic period.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A person of Bactria.
- proper n. An extinct Eastern Iranian language which was spoken in the Central Asian region of Bactria, also called Tocharistan, in northern Afghanistan.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Bactria in Asia.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to Bactria or Bactriana, an ancient country of central Asia, with its capital, Bactra, on the site of the modern Balkh.
- n. A native or an inhabitant of Bactria.
- n. The language of Bactria.
Sorry, no etymologies found.