from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A branch of the Indo-European language family that consists of the Baltic and Slavic languages.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to Proto-Balto-Slavic language, people who spoke it and their culture.
- proper n. Proto-Balto-Slavic language, i.e. a common development stage between the Proto-Indo-European and the later Baltic and Slavic languages.
- proper n. A speaker of Proto-Balto-Slavic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a family of Indo-European languages including the Slavic and Baltic languages
Sorry, no etymologies found.