from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The beltway surrounding Washington, D.C.
- n. The political establishment of Washington, D.C., including federal officeholders, lobbyists, consultants, and media commentators.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A 64-mile Interstate freeway surrounding Washington, D.C..
- proper n. The expressway that surrounds another city.
- proper n. The US federal government and policy and lobbying organizations, located in Washington, D.C..
- adj. Of or relating to the culture of Washington, D.C.; politicized.
Sorry, no etymologies found.