American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- The capital of North Dakota, in the south-central part of the state on hills overlooking the Missouri River. It was originally a camp for laborers building the Northern Pacific Railroad. Population: 58,300.
- Bismarck, Prince Otto Eduard Leopold von Called "the Iron Chancellor.” 1815-1898. Creator and first chancellor of the German Empire (1871-1890). Instrumental in victory over Austria (1866) and the creation of the North German Confederation (1867), he instituted during his chancellorship sweeping social reforms by which he sought to stop the advance of German socialism.
- n. A German family name.
- n. Otto von Bismarck, one of the prominent German statesmen of the nineteenth century.
- n. A major German battleship during World War II (named after the statesman).
- n. The capital city of the state of North Dakota
- n. Alternative form of bismarck.
- n. capital of the state of North Dakota; located in south central North Dakota overlooking the Missouri river
- n. German statesman under whose leadership Germany was united (1815-1898)
“BISMARCK - A Bismarck attorney will serve as the state's next labor commissioner.”
“BISMARCK - Retired Army general and former presidential candidate Wesley Clark is slated to attend a renewable energy conference on Monday in Bismarck.”
“BISMARCK, N.D. - A Bismarck woman accused of providing drugs and alcohol to minors and having sex with a teenage boy has pleaded not guilty to 10 felony charges.”
“BISMARCK - Basin Electric Power Cooperative says it will buy the electricity from a large wind power development planned north of Bismarck.”
“BISMARCK - State health officials say an oil spill at a railroad shop in Bismarck contaminated a creek.”
“BISMARCK, N.D. - A Bismarck man was charged with aggravated assault on Friday after allegedly stabbing a bar owner over the volume of his juke box.”
“BISMARCK - A man sentenced to six years and two months in prison in a murder-for-hire case in Bismarck has lost an appeal.”
“BISMARCK - Officials in Bismarck and Burleigh County are studying what to do about a growing need for jail space.”
“BISMARCK - A 94-year-old man in a wheelchair has died after being struck by a pickup while crossing a Bismarck street.”
“BISMARCK - The North Dakota Highway Patrol says a Wing woman is dead following a rollover crash two miles east of Bismarck.”
Looking for tweets for Bismarck.