from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A genus of trees, called also the silkcotton tree; also, a tree of the genus Bombax.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A genus of silk-cotton trees, natural order Malvaceæ, chiefly natives of tropical America.
- n. [lowercase] Same as bombazine.
- n. [lowercase] A plant of the genus Bombax.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. trees of chiefly South America
Sorry, no etymologies found.