from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Alexander the Great's war horse.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The celebrated war horse of Alexander the Great.
- n. Hence, any riding horse.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The cercarian larval stage of certain flukes, or Trematoda, named under the supposition that it was a distinct animal.
- n. In herpetology, a genus of African snakes, of the family Dendrophidæ, as the Bucephalus capensis.
- n. [lowercase] A snake of this genus: as, “the Cape bucephalus,” Sclater.
- n. [lowercase] A jocose name for a riding-horse, implying ‘a spirited or raging steed,’ in allusion to the spirited steed of Alexander the Great.
Sorry, no etymologies found.