from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- abbr. certificate of deposit
- abbr. civil defense
- abbr. compact disk
- abbr. French corps diplomatique (diplomatic corps)
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The ISO 3166-1 two-letter (alpha-2) code for Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- n. A Roman numeral representing four hundred (400).
- n. Compact disc; a form of digital media that is based on the use of a laser to read from a plastic disc in a reader device.
- n. Certificate of deposit (from a financial institutions).
- n. Creative director: head of the creative department (for example of an advertising agency).
- n. Corporate design: specific design features of a company, corporate identity CI. (Can we clean up(+) this sense?)
- n. Collision detection (used by an Ethernet network to detect when two computers are sending frames at the same time, and also to deal with such collisions when they happen).
- n. Circular Dichroism.
- v. To cross-dress.
- prep. An abbreviation found on decals of automobiles, indicating that they are used by diplomats. From the French phrase corps diplomatique ("diplomatic corps").
Abbreviation of various terms and phrases. (Wiktionary)