from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The religious doctrines of John Calvin, emphasizing the omnipotence of God and the salvation of the elect by God's grace alone.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The Christian religious tradition based upon the doctrines and forms of Christian practice of several Protestant reformers such as John Calvin as opposed to Lutherans.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The theological tenets or doctrines of John Calvin (a French theologian and reformer of the 16th century) and his followers, or of the so-called calvinistic churches.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The theological tenets or doctrines of John Calvin, a French Protestant theologian (1509-64).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the theological system of John Calvin and his followers emphasizing omnipotence of God and salvation by grace alone
Sorry, no etymologies found.