from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of western New Jersey on the Delaware River opposite Philadelphia. Walt Whitman lived here from 1873 to 1892. Population: 79,300.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. An inner London borough comprising Hampstead, Holborn and St Pancras.
- proper n. A town name in various other locales.
- proper n. A habitational surname.
- proper n. A male given name, modern transferred use of the surname.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a city in southwestern New Jersey on the Delaware River near Philadelphia
From Old English campas ("enclosure") + denu ("valley"). (Wiktionary)