American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. In Arthurian legend, the site of King Arthur's court.
- n. A place or time of idealized beauty, peacefulness, and enlightenment.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An old spelling of camlet.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. obsolete See camelet.
- the legendary site of King Arthur's court and castle.
- Hence, any place or time thought of as having idyllic peace, justice, and happiness.
- n. (Arthurian legend) the capital of King Arthur's kingdom; according to the legend, truth and goodness and beauty reigned there
- First attested in Old French as Camaalot in Chrétien de Troyes' Lancelot, the Knight of the Cart. (Wiktionary)
“The term Camelot was coined, in mournful retrospect, by Theodore H.”
“But let's see - first year in "Camelot" saw the disastrous Bay of Pigs invasion, a near-nuclear war with Russia, adultrous affairs by JFK, wire tapping of Martin Luther King by RFK, Why?”
“Robert Goulet, the handsome, big-voiced baritone whose Broadway debut in "Camelot" launched an award-winning stage and recording career, has died.”
“Robert McNamara left the Ford presidency to serve in "Camelot" as Secretary of Defence for President Kennedy, and Tex Thornton founded Litton.”
“And so The Last Defender of Camelot is a confusingly overused title if you're a Zelazny collector.”
“I guess Camelot is over .... thank God some people are finally waking up to this lunacy.”
“Seriously, the last hope of Camelot is waiting in the wings.”
“While Camelot is thought to be located near Glastonbury and Tintagel is to be found in Cornwall, with the invading forces pushing the Britons back, Wales was a very likely location for Arthur and his people.”
“Camelot is fiction, a fantasy that swirls around in the heads of those on the far left who have never liked America and want to change it.”
“After all, there's a reason the Kennedy years were dubbed "Camelot.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Camelot’.
Fictional worlds, countries, etc., particularly fantasy or sci-fi ones
Looking for tweets for Camelot.