from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A country of west-central Africa on the Bight of Biafra. Comprising the former French Cameroons and the southern part of British Cameroons, it became independent in 1960. Yaoundé is the capital and Douala the largest city. Population: 18,100,000.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. Country in Central Africa. Official name: Republic of Cameroon.
- n. A Conservative Party member with green or social liberal leanings, supporting the policies of David Cameron.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an inactive volcano in western Cameroon; highest peak on the West African coast
- n. a republic on the western coast of central Africa; was under French and British control until 1960
From Portuguese Rio dos Camarões ("river of prawns") (Wiktionary)
Alteration of Cameron. (Wiktionary)