from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the French dynasty founded by Hugh Capet.
- n. A member of this dynasty.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to a French dynasty founded by Hugh Capet
- n. A member of this dynasty
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining or relating to the posterity of Hugh Capet, founder of the dynasty which succeeded the Frankish Carolingians on the throne of France (a. d. 987): as, the Capetian family or dynasty; Capetian documents.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to the French dynasty founded by Hugh Capet
- n. a member of the Capetian dynasty
Sorry, no etymologies found.