from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A taxonomic genus within the family Brassicaceae — the bittercress plants.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A genus of cruciferous plants, containing the lady's-smock, cuckooflower, bitter cress, meadow cress, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A genus of annual or perennial pungent herbs, natural order Cruciferæ, natives of the cooler regions of the northern hemisphere, with leaves usually pinnate and racemes of white or purple flowers.
- n. A plant of the genus Cardamine (which see).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. bittercress, bitter cress
Sorry, no etymologies found.